Thursday, June 10, 2010

Enjoying the moment...

Love the mornings when I'm awake before the kids...it's peaceful (and they look like little angels in their sleep)  Angelic,  it's nice to wake up with hubby and get a cup of coffee for he and I as he heads out the door.  I sit at the computer and go through whatever mail I did not get to go through yesterday and catch up on all the FB "news", basically just enjoy the silence and my cup of coffee.  Of course this morning I am just a "wee" bit soar (that's just a "wee" bit of an understatement) from my @$$ kicking by Jillian Michaels  Bow Down on the Wii last night!  Holy cow the woman is torture, can't imagine working out with her...although I would love it.  Oh and I do have to mention...I not only rocked dinner last night but then I rocked dessert as well, LOL!  Go Me!!! Cool I brought them outside and gave them Fruit Chiller Tubers (or something like that), the reaction was wonderful..."mommy your the best", "ooh cool" and so on.  To pull it off twice in one day, damn I was good!  LOL!  All kidding aside it's so nice when just the little simple things make them happy, kind of makes me wish I was kid again, to enjoy some of the simpler things in life.

OK so ...you must wondering about this marathon thing I talked about yesterday.  Well, I've been convinced to run a marathon with some friends, now if you are confused that is 26.2 miles   Shocked ...no I have not lost my mind (well not completely, what I have lost I blame on motherhood).  It for a great cause, it's the 26.2 with Donna, and is to raise awareness and money for breast cancer.  I'm told that only about 1% of Americans can say they have ever ran a marathon, my response to that was...well da, there is a reason for that, that's a long freakin way to run.  Of course this was before I came on board with idea.  So race day is February 11, 2011...248 days from today. Running    I've already completed two half marathons, so shoot there's 26.2 right there, LOL, OK well that doesn't count because they were two separate races.  So, I started reading this book my Aunt and now my mom have recommended, "The Non-Runner's Marathon Guide For Women", it's by Dawn Dais (just in case you might be feeling froggy enough to run a marathon yourself)  Frog ...come on you know you want to try, LOL!!  This women is hysterical, really who thought training for a marathon could be such a humorous read!  Anyway, one of the reasons I started blogging was to tell the tale of my own journey through training (not that I'm planning on becoming a published author from it).  Of course training for it through the summer is going to suck the big one...did I mention it's pretty hot down here (Florida) already.   Sweating 2 I know however, if I set my mind to it, I can run this race and I can complete it.  I get all excited thinking about the sense of accomplishment I will have after I cross the finish line.  Now I'm not saying I won't be crawling across the finish line, but regardless I will finish it.   Cheerleader 2  

Well, I guess I should go throw some of that laundry in, before the mountain of it erupts and lands on the computer, gosh then what would I do, I wouldn't be able to find the computer .  Scared 1 

So, enjoy your cup of coffee this morning and I'll see you on the flip side of today!




No comments:

Post a Comment