Sunday, April 10, 2011

Working on our groove...again

So, as of today it has officially been one week of this 14 month solo flight.  It started out OK, but quickly deteriorated towards the end of the week.  My little Angelica has been a handful, even getting in "trouble" at school (nothing big, she hurt someones feelings because she told them she was not going to their birthday) this week.  I am not sure what is up, but I can only contribute it to daddy being gone, nothing else has changed other than that.  By mid-week I was beat and decided that I was going to behave selfishly on Thursday, by making Angel stay all day for stay and play at school.  My plan was to get caught up on the house, but I quickly decided that that was not being selfish, LOL!  I sat and enjoyed my coffee and played on the computer for a little while, chatted on the phone with a friend, curled up in my big chair and read some of my book, took a short nap on the couch, took a nice hot bath and read some more....now that's a "me" day.  I was not totally unproductive, I was swapping laundry in and out of the washing machine and dryer throughout the day.  It felt soo good to have the whole day to myself, the only thing missing was maybe a massage.  Yesterday was a packed day, which was nice because our weekends are the hardest when daddy is gone....however, I'm thinking it may have been a little bit too packed and by the end of the evening I was fried and the kids were soo much FUN! (that last part is of course dripping with sarcasm). Crazy  We came home from Disney on Ice (the younger three and myself) and oh my whiny!!  Got them to take a short nap...at least I think they took a short one...mine was a long one.  Did I mention I had to start my day with OUT coffee!!!  So, I was beyond frazzled. Afraid After nap time the kids had cereal and I inhaled two Klondike bars, I do crazy things when I'm over tired, stressed, frazzled, etc.  The Klondike bars are gone, so they are no longer my arch nemesis in the freezer, screaming at me every time I open the door.  What?  They really do scream my name?!?!  Then it was off to Annunciation's school performance of  "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat", which of course was FABULOUS!!  Nina (my oldest) played the part of the Butler and the brother Levy, and she was excellent in her roles ...and NO I'm not at all biased!  Any who...we returned home about 9:30pm from this and boy was I in for some roller coaster emotions from the little two.  I had to have some wine...I said WINE, not WHINE... but they so graciously blessed me with five letter version while I poured myself a glass for the four letter version.  Bedtime brought melt down after melt down after.....can you guess?  Yep, MELTDOWN!!  I honestly was on the verge of my very own meltdown and when mommy melts down its UUUUGGLY!! Dr. Jekyll Mr. Hyde You know that saying when mamma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy...aaahh there is so much truth to that statement.  So today, I cleared the calendar and I hope God can forgive me, that meant no church either (the last one to did not wake up  until almost 10:30) and here I sit in Panera, by myself taking a mental break so I do not harm anyone, LOLOLOL! Meditate

Tomorrow is a new day, and the start of new routines and organization in our lives.  Time to get back on the exercise and weight loss wagon, you know that one I mentioned, oh I don't know, a few months ago.  I've vowed not to get involved with the pointless adult drama that affected me while hubby was gone in Iraq, now I just have to pray the drama and mood swings of the children doesn't take it's toll on me.  I started to listen to my devotionals again on Thursday, that makes a total difference in how my day goes.  I missed the Parish Outreach Committee meeting this past week, I was just so drained, I did not feel like going out.  I am looking forward to getting involved in that, the next meeting is next month, so I have it on my calendar already.  Had our M.O.M.S Celebration Luncheon last weekend, it was so nice to get together with  everyone again, and I cannot wait till the next social we have...although we did talk about meeting at St. Panera's sometime soon.  Well, I've babbled here long enough I have to go get milk and a few other grocery items then go get the kidlets.  Besides, I've lost my concentration here, there is a teenage girl sitting at the table next to me being a total brat to her mom and I'm ready to yank her by her hair and tell her to stop being disrespectful.  GGRR, but this is a rant for another day, LOL!!  Hope you have an amazingly blessed week!  I'll try to add this to my more consistent routine.  MWAH!!




 Dove 2 

No comments:

Post a Comment